Friday, October 24, 2008

Long lost quote on heaven

A number of years ago I read J Oswald Sanders' Heaven better by far and I remember being struck by one quote in particular. I've finally found it again. It was a song by Johnson Oatman. I remember being astounded to think that humans would have something to sing of that the angels wouldn't know.

There is singing up in heaven
Such as we have never known,
Where the angels sing the praises
of the Lamb upon his throne;
Their sweet harps are always clear.
O, that we might be more like them
While we serve the Master here.
Holy, holy is what the angels sing,
And I expect to help them make
The courts of heaven ring;
But when I sing redemption's story,
They will fold their wings,
For angels never felt the joy
That our salvation brings.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

That's lovely, Russ. Thanks for posting it!